AnsweredAssumed Answered

Execute SQL ODBC

Question asked by team7 on Sep 29, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2016 by team7

Hello,

i working on SharePoint 2013 on-premise and use nintex Workflows ( Version: 3.1.2.0 - International

License type: Expiring (Standard).

I hope you could give some advice what i did wrong or forgot to configure but i cannot run a query against our as400 db.

I used the same Credentials and Connection string that we used in in our SharePoint 2007 Farm with Nintex Workflows.

Following Steps:

- Installed the IBM iSeries Driver v7r1 and configured after that connection in the iSeries Navigator.

- Setting up the ODBC Connection in the ODBC Manager as System DNS and User DNS and in both 32bit and 64 bit with the same Settings as our SP2007.

- In the workflow i selected "Execute SQL"  

Connection String: Driver={iSeries Access ODBC Driver};System=IPfromAS400;Uid=AS400USR;Pwd=PwAS400;

- Select ODBC and then placed the query into the query field.

When i click Run Now and click Test Connection -> Error testing ODBC Connection.

When i click Execute -> The execution returned an unexpected error. ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no Default Driver specified.

However i can Access the AS400 with the values from the Connections string with Excel and BCS Meta Man. But i dosent work with Nintex.

Thx for reading and Cheers.

Outcomes