AnsweredAssumed Answered

Query List Lookup

Question asked by santhea on Sep 29, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2016 by santhea

I have a list with three columns that im using as a look up for a choice control in another form – the control sits in a repeating section on that form

List Columns

• Document Type
  • Custodian
  • Custodian Email

When completing the form and selecting the Document Type it then displays the associated Custodian (this is required for the end recipients of the form)

In the workflow how can I take either the Document Type (choice control connected to list) or the Custodian value (calculated value control) and then look up the email from the same list, get rid of duplicates so the email notification only goes once to each custodian in the event they appear several times.

I know an easy fix is just to include the email address on the form and use a collection operation but the form and recipients don’t need to see the email address. I could hide the email field on the form but I don’t think that is best practice. I thought I could use the Query List action in the workflow but perhaps I just don’t understand how to configure it correctly as I can’t make this work either.

Outcomes