BEFORE RESPONDING PLEASE NOTE:
- This workflow is being used in an Office 365 SharePoint environment. Please do not offer suggestions for any Nintex WF On-Prem solutions.
- I have activated the Workflows can use app permissions feature. Please do not suggest that I need to activate the feature or provide links to the other articles that describe how to activate the feature.
HERE'S THE SITUATION:
- I've created an Office 365 Workflow for a SharePoint list.
- I have placed an App Step action.
- Within the App Step I've added a an Office 365 update item permissions (Permissions) action.
- When I attempt to configure this action, I still need to enter a Username and Password for "The user to perform the update" value.
- Is this by design, or am I doing something wrong?
- I'm expecting that within an App Step I would not need to provide a Username and Password. I'm under the impression that the entire purpose of an App Step is to elevate permissions.
- However, I'm only guessing because there is very little information about the App Step in the Help documentation.