AnsweredAssumed Answered

form takes at least 30+ seconds to close

Question asked by davidmacleary on Aug 18, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2014 by nidish.kotian

End users of my "Request Approval" form are complaining that they hit the OK button (which will close the form after they added their small bit of required information), and nothing happens for at least 30-40 seconds. Then the form finally disappears and they're redirected to the task list. What could make this consistently happen?

I don't recall when I developed this workflow that this time delay happened during my testing, but it's been 6+ months so I can't say for sure. I also don't recall this slowness in other workflows I've designed in other lists. This workflow is not complicated, only a couple of fields on the form, no custom javascript, no fancy rules on the form. Just a simple request of data from the user and OK button.

This is the only workflow designed on the list in question, the list is small (a dozen columns), the list itself only has about 700 rows currently in it. I wouldn't expect that to cause a problem, would it? 700 rows isn't much and the site is not over-utilized. I'm running WF 2013 on SharePoint 2013. I think we're only on v200 of WF, not the latest v232.

If no answer is found, is there a "tips/tricks for improving performance" document available?

Help! and Thanks.

Dave

Outcomes