AnsweredAssumed Answered

Migrating data from SQL to repeating section on a Nintex form

Question asked by sgeisbert on Aug 16, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2016 by sojanm

This is a bit of a complicated issue and I'll do my best to explain it.

I am trying to move data from multiple SQL tables (parent-child tables) so that the parent data resides in a SharePoint list with the child data also in the same list, but populating the repeating section in the Nintex form. I chose to do it this way because I have data that I will be migrating into the list and new items being created in the list. For the new items, I've gotten the repeating section to work flawlessly - a workflow runs when an item is created that parses the data in the repeating sections into the correct fields (multi-select checkboxes) so that they can be sorted and filtered in the list view. I have also been able to migrate rows of data into the list (copy from Excel, paste into datasheet view) and run a site level workflow that iterates through the list and parses out the text fields and puts them into the multi-select checkbox fields. This is where the issue comes in, the data is showing up perfectly in the list format; however, when I click on the form, the data is not showing in the form fields in the repeating section. Is there anyway to connect the data to the fields? They are already connected on the form, but clearly isn't working.

Am I just better off keeping the data in separate lists and tying to back together using the ID? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Outcomes