I have task that is going out with no permission it is just inheriting permissions.
Craighton Tsosie, you will need to provide more details on your issue if you expect some help.
- whether/how do you set/manipulate permission
- how do you identify your problem is really related to permissions
- whether you mean permission for task itself or for list item workflow is running on
- how do you identify assignees (directly listed, variable, SP/AD group ...)
- configuration of your task action
1. I set and manipulate permission using object giving permission to all Assignee's. I am using a flexitask
2. In the test lab it gives permission to the assignee to approve or deny but in production it doesn't it just inherits permission from the top level site.
3. The permission is on the task itself.
4. I identify assignee using SP/AD group.
5. I think I solved my own problem this part was not set.. I am changing to the following and testing.
I lied changing those permission didn't work. So what does that permission do?
let's go through your points step by step:
1. this has nothing to do with permissions.
by this setting you only say notification mail is fired to all the assigness once they got the task assigned.
2. I would say that means your assignees are given different permissions in test lab and in prod env.
that might means permission on list, list item(s), task list...
3. I'm not sure from your description.
what error do you get?
when do you get it? - can you open list item in view/edit mode? can you open task form? do you get it after you post task form?
4. so which one exactly? or both?
SP and AD groups are two different security principals
can you post setting of whole 'Action' tab?
5. this only sets permission on list item the workflow (flexi task) is running on.
these are item level permissions and seems to be correct.
but that still doesn't uncover list and task list permissions. have you tried to examine list, list item and task list permisions with 'Shared with' functionality available on ribbon?
some further questions
- do you set permissions by purpose with set item permission action within workflow?
Retrieving data ...