AnsweredAssumed Answered

iterate list of modified/created records for Daily Emailing

Question asked by joec on Aug 9, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 by emha

Hello

I have a SharePoint Team site where users come in during the day and create/edit records.  I would like to send out an Email digest at the end of the day that does the following:

1) For initiators; send a list of records that they edited/created

2) For the Manager; send a list of all records that were edited or created during the day.

I understand how to create the workflow and email content on a "per record basis" but not how to compile a digest of all edits.

Said another way, I do not know how to iterate through a list of SharePoint records and:

1) Compile a list of individual records edited by user X during the day and send that listing of of those individual records to user X

2) iterate through the records and send a the Manager a list of each record created/modified during the day.

I am assuming that this is a Site Wide workflow that will be developed and as such, can be scheduled to run once a day.

Are there any examples of how to iterate through records like this?  I did see some example involving the use of a Site Collection Variable but was confused.  Is the variable intended to have a number range or simply store all information in one long variable (and if the later, how to work this into my solution)

Thanks in advance.for any information that can help.

Outcomes