I have a situation where I created a library that has a field called EmailDate that was created as a single text field in error. I should have created the field as a Date Field. 700 documents later I was informed of this error. The current EmailDate field reads as Mon, 25 Jul 2106 14:44:09 -0500 as one example.
- Create a field called EmailDate1 as a date field and update this new field with the value found in the Create field.
- I want to do a one time update thru a Workflow to update the 700 documents for the EmailDate1 field with the value found for Create.
Now in some cases the value found in Create may not actually be the correct Email Date, but for 97% of the time this will be an accurate value and for the purpose of this clean-up 97% is better than what exist today !
Can someone give me some hints on how to do this...I am familiar with creating a query in Nintex, variables, loop, and some other functionality, but not sure what to do to get started on this one. When reviewing via Google I may need to:
- Create Query for my 700 items
- Create variables for EmailDate1
- Loop and SetValue for EmailDate1 field to the value found for Create
Note I am not familiar with Set Value and this is just a guess that I should use Set Value to resolve my issue.