AnsweredAssumed Answered

Combine workflows with State Action

Question asked by deaconf19 on Aug 11, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 11, 2014 by jan

Here is my dilemma, I have a Library and 2 lists that each have a workflow assigned to them. When the library receives a XML file it parses the information into variables then creates a new list item. Within that list a workflow runs to determine by the date if the action should be Active or Upcoming. Then the final list is static entries of our inventory that are used to display a status indicator for another group.

Basically the two lists serve different functions for different groups.

The problem is the list workflows will only run on a timer or manually and we need it to run every 10 minutes. I do not have a service account or a username password type of authentication to use web services (PKI). So having it start that way seems to be out of the question.

I was wondering if the State Action could allow me to basically combine the workflows and start once each state completes? First parse the XML file and create new list item, second update the status field based on the date range, finally mark the last list items as active or inactive based on information queried from the second list.

If not what is a better option to achieve this?

Outcomes