Most Workflows, List and Site, publish from the attached script. I have found two that have been giving me problems.
I use this script to publish my workflows. The ones with no dependencies on other workflows are published first.
The PowerShell Line returns a True or False indicating whether it successfully published or not:
$proxy.PublishFromNWFXml($NWFcontent, $null, $WorkflowName, $true)
The first problem workflow had to be published twice. Don't know why--worked the second time.
The second was more problematic and required a manual intervention. Two Items had exclamation points. All I had to do was to physically enter the configuration and exit it. I changed nothing. The workflow compiled.
I'm thinking that Nintex may have a problem with fieldname beginning with underscores.
Just looking for a way to automate this.