AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best actions to create an O365 Nintex workflow that interacts back and forth between users.

Question asked by michaelr.gwozdz on Jun 30, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 by michaelr.gwozdz

I have seen many demos and tutorials showing the basic linear steps of creating a workflow. Unfortunately most are the same example (Time Off Request, Approved/Rejected etc.)

I'm able to successfully recreate these however, I'm getting stuck on how to build out a workflow that instead of just goes from the linear customer-performer process steps; requires actions to pass back and forth between them.

Essentially, what I'm looking to do is create Travel Booking Request workflow that would have a user submit a request with their travel dates and destinations for a trip that would assign a task to a travel coordinator that would then look at available flights options,then provide them back to the Traveler (initiator) for selection.

Once the users picks from the options that would go back to the travel coordinator who would then book the flights and send a confirmation back tot he Traveler.

I think I can accomplish the data inputs in a form but where I'm stuck is how or what actions do I use to do this in the most effective way?

It seems like I would want each task/hand off to have a separate from with functions etc. but I can't seem to figure it out.

Me sense is it's not too different from using something similar to the Approved/Rejected actions and routing but I can't seem to get to work.

What am I missing and/or is there a tutorial out there someone can suggest with a similar business case I can look at for help?

Outcomes