AnsweredAssumed Answered

accessing exchange distribution lists - Do I use Call Web Service or Web Request

Question asked by sharepointsean on Jun 22, 2016

Hello Everyone,

I have been given the following request and I am looking for some assistance on this as I am entering uncharted Nintex workflow territory.

First let me give you some background of my setup.

I am using SharePoint 2013 Enterprise on premise with Nintex Workflow 2013 Workgroup Edition.

I have a Custom List setup called Distribution Lists. The fields in this list can be seen below:

I want to know what would be the better option to use to pull the distribution list information from Exchange - Call Web Service or Web Request?

Would this also be a scenario where I should pull the information into SharePoint into a separate custom list and parse out only the information that I need. Then, using a workflow with the Copy Item action to copy the content that I need to the fields as shown in the screen capture above.

Based on the information that I have listed above is this even possible with the Call We Service or Web Request actions? I am interested in hearing how some people have made connections to Exchange in order to pull information from the server to be used in lists.

Thank you

Outcomes