AnsweredAssumed Answered

ListView more than one?

Question asked by joseph.cervi@pnc.com on Jun 1, 2016

I have a form that uses a ListView showing Child Items (in another list, same site).  The form is used as a New and Display.  The child items first column is a link to the child item.  The child item is launched using Modal as the default.  Using the filter by control's value I'm able to accommodate this and the launch as Modal works.  I need to filter down further during the display page when an action button is pressed (show mine, or something like that).  I can do this using another ListView and filtering by CAML Query (see below).  When the button is pressed (show mine) I hide ListView 1 (control's value) and show ListView 2 (CAML Query).  All seems to work except the link doesn't launch the child item as Modal.  If I remove ListView1 and only use ListView 2 the link launches as Modal.  I examined the DOM and nothing looks different to me. Anyone got any ideas why?  how to get this to work? Thanks in advance...

<And><Eq><FieldRef Name='abc'/><Value Type='Text'>abc</Value></Eq><Eq><FieldRef Name='you'/><Value Type='Text'>Current User</Value></Eq></And><Eq><FieldRef Name='Status'/><Value Type='Text'>Still Working It</Value></Eq>

Recommendations for Nintex

a. Name the ListView.  If you have more then one on the form it's hard to reference.  Even ListView 1, 2, etc. will work.

b. Provide an expression to pick the filter control.

Outcomes