AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why aren't the red outlines showing on required fields?

Question asked by mdichiara on May 17, 2016
Latest reply on May 23, 2016 by mdichiara

I customized the Save and Submit button as a link.  When the user clicks on the button, it will run a workflow that changes a value in the list, and emails certain folks with information from the list.  Since I needed the description of this button right on the button face, I used a Link as the button type.

These are the buttons that I need on my form.  They all work correctly.

There are quite a few fields on my form that are required (in SharePoint and some with Rules in Nintex).  However, when the user clicks on any of the Submit buttons, it will give the list of the errors for required fields not filled out, but it doesn’t highlight the fields in red to point the user to the fields they need to address.  You can see that they are required, but not very obvious to the user.  This also is a problem with fields that have rules since they aren’t always required.  Since there isn’t a red asterisk, the user has no idea what field is being referenced.  The form worked fine until I changed the button functionality.  Any idea on how to fix this?  We really need the descriptions on the button, but it’s causing frustration for users.  Oh, and I can’t use the regular button label (instead of a link) since I couldn’t see how to make it word-wrap.  Thank you!

Outcomes