AnsweredAssumed Answered

wait until any update

Question asked by cvuppala on May 16, 2016
Latest reply on May 19, 2016 by cazza162

How do I wait until any update on a list item? Please help.

Here is my workflow scenario where I need to use above logic.

1. User uploads a document and by default the document status is : "Not Started" - workflow is not triggered
  2. User then modifies the status column to "Ready for Review" - workflow is not triggered
  3. User then modifies the status column to "Reviewed" after the review is done.  Workflow should then be triggered and the email should be sent out to the initiator that the document status has changed from Ready for review to "Reviewed".
  4. If there are any updates to the list item when it is in "Reviewed" status, then it should notify the initiator that the document is updated.  However, if the document status is changed from Reviewed to "integrated" then an email should be sent to the initiator that the document status is changed to "integrated" . However, if there are any updates to the item when it is in "integrated" status then it should notify the initiator that the document is updated while it is in integrated status.

How can I achieve this easily? This logic seems so simple but still proving to be very difficult with the actions that we have in Nintex workflow. Please note that using any of those task actions is not my option as user do not want to go through that. He simply want to modify the document properties i.e library column values for the item and let the user notify.

Please advise on what is the best method to achieve this?

Thank you

Outcomes