AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alternative to Lookup List Control for Nintex Forms published to Nintex Live

Question asked by mgthompson on May 12, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2017 by mmatsako

Hi everyone,

I have a Nintex Form that will be published to Nintex Live. The form has two lookup lists, one to an Organization List and one to a projects List. The people submitting the form need to be able to choose their organization from the list, or enter a new value, and choose a project from the list or enter a new value. The project name has a format of ID*Project Name. The ID is generated when a form is submitted and a new project item is added to the project list. This is then supposed to be looked up from the form when a person fills out the form. They can submit a new project or resubmit a project using the names from the project list.

All of this is well and good until you publish to Live. We all know Lookup control is not available in Live. I figure though a dynamic drop-down is a common requirement from many using Nintex Forms and someone might have a way to get around this through Live.

I have some theories that may work, but was wondering if anyone else can provide some ideas.

1. If there a way to have a Choice Field in SharePoint and programmatically add the generated project name to the list of values for the column. Then just have a choice field on the Nintex Form.

2. Use JavaScript on load of form to lookup the Projects list and get the values from Title field and add it to a Choice Control on the Nintex Form.

I have been searching for awhile. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Outcomes