AnsweredAssumed Answered

Email attachment lookup causing workflow to suspend

Question asked by cwilchowy on May 6, 2016
Latest reply on May 9, 2016 by fccrous

Hi all,

I've got a workflow on a list, which triggers manually. The workflow has one action which emails a user withing the O365 tenant, with a quick message and the attachment that is on the list item. Here's my situation and issue:

• I've got it configured properly, using External email land attachment service.
  • If I use a hard-coded, relative path the attachment sends correctly.
  • If I use Advanced Lookup, and find {Current Item:Attachments} the workflow is Suspended
  • If I attempt to display {Current Item:Attachements} in the body to trace the Attachments url, the workflow is Suspended.
  • The attachment (a PDF file) on this item is the same one that works when I use the hard coded relative path, but obviously I don't want this hard-coded so it will send the attachment from each list item it's run on.

Any thoughts on why it's suspending using the Lookup? I'm using the dropdowns to configure, so it is the correct item list column value.

Here's the suspended error in detail:

RequestorId: 00e500f9-86a7-0daf-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidOperationException: Values must be bound to a non-null expression before ForEach activity 'ForEach<DynamicValue>' can be used. at System.Activities.Statements.ForEach`1.Execute(NativeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity ForEach<DynamicValue> Process DynamicValue Get attachment file name from current list item Get attachments from current list item Switch<Int32> Current item is List or Library If If need to include current attachment or file If Process Attachments Process SendNotification InProgress StateMachine If SendNotification NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_8e03d64c_49b1_4845_a435_94f748f07d04 Sequence Flowchart Test Attachment Email Notifications Workflow.WorkflowXaml_4bd94cd6_dfcb_47f0_8ae1_ca6cd64c35d3

Outcomes