AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting value of lookup column

Question asked by happc on May 4, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 17, 2016 by frank.field@nintex.com

I am trying to set the value of a look-up column and I am getting the error "Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type.".

For the purpose of this question, let's say I have 2 lists - one is called Burger and one is called Burger toppings. The first list, burger, has a lookup column that looks at the title field of the burger toppings list. The burger list also has an addditional column (single line of text) where people can put in a topping if it doesn't appear on the burger toppings list. I have a workflow that is attempting to do the following:

• If there is a new topping on the burger list (in the single line of text column) an item should be created in the burger toppings list with that new item as the title. This works without an error.
  • Next, I want to change the look-up column on the burger list to reflect the new topping. I want to set it to the new item I just copied to the lookup list burger toppings. But I get the Coercian Failed error.

Does anyone have any idea how to achieve what I am trying to do?

Thanks!

Outcomes