AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem looking up calculated dates in another list

Question asked by happc on Apr 22, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2016 by emha

I have a workflow that starts another workflow when a due date is 1 business day, 3 business days, 14 days or one month before today's date. This due date is looked up from another list.

The workflow works when I calculate the due date in the workflow using the Calculate date action (i.e. due date from list less 1 day).

The problem doing it this way is that I only want it calculate the due date less 1 day using business days. As a work-around, I have a calculated column on the list where I am getting the due date from with this formula:

=IF(WEEKDAY([Due Date])=1,([Due Date]-2),IF(WEEKDAY([Due Date])=2,([Due Date]-3),([Due Date]-1)))

I can look up this date no problem - but it doesn't fire the workflow as expected.

Does any know if there is a problem looking up calculated dates from a list? If there is, is there a work-around that anyone knows of?

When I log to the history list the date being pulled from the list and the date being calculated in the workflow, they are the same. I don't know why one works and the other doesn't.

Thanks!

Outcomes