Recently I encountered with a problem by using Nintex workflows.
Created a sample workflow that will run on either Item added or modified in specific list
Steps I have followed:
1. Used Parallel actions. In one branch I used assign a flexi task action for approval process and in another branch I used "waiting for an update" action.
2. After approval process my intention is to update item(in my case I am updating status field value to approved).
3. In waiting for an update I am waiting for Status field to be updated with "approved" value.
4. I published and got the mail to approve/reject.
5. Without responding I made some changes to workflow(for example added log to history) and re-published.
6. Now I responded to the mail that I have received earlier by approving.
7. Here comes the problem " Two instances of workflow running on same item". I got a mail to approve/reject again.
Please suggest me how to solve this problem.