AnsweredAssumed Answered

Managed metadata columns not available in Query List action

Question asked by tmahoney on Apr 6, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 by westerdaled

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have a workflow that should run on a document, and get a value from a list that has a matching value in a managed metadata column. The same column is applied to both List and Library.

I have added the Query List action, and in the Query builder 'Show the items when column' dropdown, the managed metadata column isn't listed.

Query1.png

I've tried using it in the OData filter but querying managed metadata columns in this manner isn't allowed (MyMMField eq '{Current Item:MyMMField}')

Strangely, in the Advanced Lookup section I can do a List Lookup on the list and select the Managed Metadata value directly in the 'Field' dropdown.

Query2.PNG

I'm hoping someone can point out something simple I've overlooked, as I'm sure I've done similar things without any problems before!

Alternatively, is it possible to cram a CAML query into the OData filter? I'm not particularly familiar with either standard but this blog post starts talking about OData and comes up with a CAML solution: How to filter on a Managed Metadata column via REST in SharePoint 2013 – CleverWorkarounds . I'd rather avoid having to attempt to configure the web service actions for something so simple!

Thanks!

Outcomes