AnsweredAssumed Answered

Workflow not starting automatically as System Account?

Question asked by rakesh.narayan.lal on Mar 31, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 by anashasan

Hello,

I am using a pre-workflow to move a document using Copy to SharePoint-Update Existing Item option from source library to target library after the pre-workflow does certain actions in source document library. Once the document moved to the target library, I want the main workflow in target library to be automatically started which is not happening as of now. This operation is by default happening through System Account.

However if under Copy to SharePoint Action, if I enter my own credentials under Override Credentials section, everything works fine but I am not sure if this is the right way of doing it. Before I go to this route, I want to make sure that it is the right and only way of doing it. I can't use my own credential as once password expires or account gets locked out for some reason, workflow will stop working so if this is the only way of doing it then I will have to find a non standard user id for which password never expires.

FYI-All workflows are already set to start when created and/or changed in addition to the option to start it manually.

I have already gone through following thread but all responses are code solutions.

https://community.nintex.com/thread/1808?q=Workflow%20not%20starting%20automatically%20as%20System%20Account?

+Mine is a no code solution so starting the workflow from code is not an option unless there is no other better way of doing it without code.

+I have already checked and Stsadm –o setproperty –pn  declarativeworkflowautostartonemailenabled –pv true  is already set to true.

Scenario: Source: Source Document Library Workflow: Pre-Workflow --> It will move the document from Source Document Library to Target Document Library

Target: Target Document Library Workflow: Main Workflow--> This should start automatically once any document is getting created or updated by Pre-Workflow Execution Policy: On Creation/Update of Document in Target Document Library

FYI-All this is in SharePoint 2010 and Nintex Workflow Enterprise Edition

Please share your thoughts and let me know what is the best way to move forward. Let me know if you need more info.

I am not sure what In a Place option is. I am unable to select any other option here...Please feel free to move this to other relevant group if needed and can help get an answer to this.

Thanks!

Outcomes