AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto assign a person based on positon for an approval?

Question asked by jflyn3 on Mar 25, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 by jflyn3

I am attempting to create a workflow. I have multiple approvers that must approve in escalation. I can't assign one task to multiple people. I believe a State Machine is my best option. I have 7 approvals levels to go through and at any point one of the managers can reject it back to the initiator. Our system doesn't play well with Active Directory. So I created a second SharePoint list.

Capture.PNG

The title is the management position, such as Director of Finance. Employee column is drawing info as People from AD. Employees do move regularly, so I assume I'll have to edit the Employee every time a new person assumes the position. So what is the best course of action to have the approval assigned to someone based on their position?

Capture1.PNG

in this above image, the ASB_Commander would approve/reject it first, then it has to go to the FRD_Director where she'll add a spreadsheet. Then the FRD-Director will approve/reject to the Dep_Chief_of_Admin and so on. there are four more managers in this chain. I'm sure there is Query List in there, but with 7 managers in the hierarchy, want to ensure it escalates properly without, if possible, the initiator having to insert the names; which he or she may not know.

Outcomes