AnsweredAssumed Answered

Query List Action Warning - Query cannot be blank

Question asked by mfrederick on Mar 22, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2017 by eharris04

Hello, I have an existing Nintex Workflow that uses a Query List action with a CAML Query entered into the CAML editor.  This workflow has worked without any issues for almost a year, but now I am seeing strange behaviour when I try to Configure the Query List action. 

When I click Configure on the Query List action it shows me the properties and I can see the CAML Query in the CAML editor.  If I don't make any changes and simply click Save, it takes me back to the main workflow but shows a Warning sign over the Query List action with the message "The following fields must be configured: 'Query' cannot be blank."

If I then click Configure on the Query List action again, Query builder is now selected rather than CAML editor, and if I change to CAML editor my CAML Query is gone and replaced with some basic default CAML query.

I can replicate this behaviour on 4 different environments.  This also happens if I create a brand new workflow and add only the Query List action to it.

We have Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.1.5.0) - International, Database version 3.0.4.0.

Any thoughts what is happening here?

Outcomes