AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error when submitting task "Input string was not in a correct format"

Question asked by ams264 on Mar 10, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 by ams264

I'm using Nintex workflow in O365, and am getting the following error when the user tries to complete a task:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Error in task. Input string was not in a correct format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.            

Exception Details: Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.Exceptions.UserException: Error in task. Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.                  

Stack Trace:

[UserException: Error in task. Input string was not in a correct format.] 
Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.TaskFormFillerService.DoesOutcomeColumnExistInList(Form form) +534
Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.TaskFormFillerService.CommitChanges(FormData formData, ClientContext updateContext, NfPostedFiles postedFiles, String filesToBeRemoved, ListItem task, Collection`1 formVariablesCollection, Collection`1 formControls, Boolean saveTaskItem) +314
Nintex.Forms.UserControls.ListForm.SaveForm(FormData formData, Boolean saveTaskItem) +999
Nintex.Forms.UserControls.ListForm.ProcessSave(Boolean saveTaskItem) +200
Nintex.Forms.UserControls.ListForm.FormFillerSaveAndSubmit(Object sender, CommandEventArgs e) +21
System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +181
System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormViewRow.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +148
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +84 System.Web.UI.<ProcessRequestMainAsync>d__14.MoveNext() +8108

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34274

I'm using a custom Nintex form and I've stripped everything out of it accept the fields that populate the basic task name, body, and comments fields of the Workflow Tasks list using the default controls.

Also, I use Assign Task actions elsewhere in the workflow that work almost exactly the same, writing to the same list.  It is only this one instance that is failing.  I have also tried rebuilding the task action and form in the same place, but it still fails.

Has anyone run across or fixed this problem before?

Thanks

Outcomes