AnsweredAssumed Answered

sequential workflow - failure to send approval

Question asked by shahid_mustafa@bd.com on Feb 8, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 15, 2016 by shahid_mustafa@bd.com

Hi All,

I have following workflow which i copied from one website. The purpose of this workflow is Sequential Approval Workflow. The issue is that workflow is not  sending approval to the second user and so on listed in the reviewer column. It keep sending approval email to the first person. Please advise is there anything i am missing in this workflow.

Note: i am new to sharepoint and nintex and learning by examples and trial and eror effort. Sorry if i miss anything basic steps.

The steps of the workflow are detailed below. This create approval task in the order that the approvers were listed. This allows the approval tasks to be created one at a time rather than all at once, and if a single approver breaks the chain, either break the workflow or escalate a change.

Workflow

2014-02-06_12h24_44

Workflow Variables

Create the following workflow variables.

2014-02-06_14h13_24

Create a Regular Expression

In order to create the Foreach loop, we need to populate a variable of type Collection with the users that will be approving the workflow. For the input text, “Insert Reference” is used to apply the column containing the Approvers to the Input Text and a semi-colon “;” is used as split pattern.

2014-02-06_14h06_31

2014-02-06_14h03_13

Sharepoint Document libary - reviewer column

workflow1.png

For each Loop

Regular Expression is ued to creates the collection which can be parsed by the loop. the userCollection is used as the target collection which stores the individual user that is the current approve of the workflow process.

2014-02-06_14h21_34

2014-02-06_14h24_26

The request approval screen shot is shown below along with the settings. The Store task IDs in "userCollection".

workflow2.png

Outcomes