AnsweredAssumed Answered

Html-code in nintex generated mail using 'build string'

Question asked by icarus2627 on Jan 25, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 by frank.field@nintex.com

Hi all,

I've only been working with nintex workflows for the past few months, so I'm still in the learning phase. I've been looking around here, hoping to find a solution to my issue, but I'm either looking in the wrong places, or not 'getting' the answers provided. (as in not being smart enough to 'get it').

As for my question.

I've reached a state where I want to gather specific data from a large list and return that information to a user in a presentable fashion. 

For example:

Take a list with 800+ items. Each item represents a task (it's just a plain list, not a tasklist. We have solid reasons to be working this way).

On a daily basis any user may have to edit a fair amount of those items. let's say 'Status' and 'Score'. And this is done in DataView for obvious reasons.

Since 'Status' and 'Score' can't be set just at random, there are certain ground-rules that have to be met. So on a weekly basis a workflow goes through all those items (not all, just those not edited by workflows) to check if the data ('status' vs 'score' vs 'someDate') is consistent with the set beforehand parameters.

Now my question:

This workflow generates a mail. In that workflow I inject some table make-up between <Style>-tags. However, I only seem to manage to use rather simple make-up. Whenever I try to use 'hover' or dynamic styling, that code gets ignored. Is this because of limitations from SharePoint, from Nintex, the mail agent? And more importantly, can I get around this? I do not have issues with getting the answer "no, you can't". But if I can, I'd like to know how.

(I'm aware of the issues one can have with using line-breaks in html code using the build string action, this is not the problem here, because, when I paste the generated mail into another HTML document, the all the code is executed correctly)

Styling I'm trying to use:

<style>

table{ This bit works
     border-collapse: collapse;
     border-spacing: 0;
     width:100%;
     height:100%;
     margin:2px 0px 0px 0px;
     padding:0px;
     border:1px solid #000000;}

tr:hover td{background-color:#d3e9ff;} This bit does not work

td{ This bit work, I believe