Solved

Customize Edit Task Form - List item section

• 2 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Dear all,

I am using Nintex Office 365 WF and Forms to develop workflows. My question is I am trying to develop a task form for approver where he could modify/override some of the fields filled by initiator and also I am introducing some new fields which can be updated by approver and information would be saved in original list item.

I am currently testing this functionality by creating single step approval WF. I have checked "visible" and "enabled" textbox and published the WF. But I am not able to modify fields excepts fields associated with Task list ( comments;outcome).

Can you please provide some pointers to work on.

Thanks,

Rahul

icon

Best answer by rahulprakash 2 March 2017, 18:50

View original

5 replies

Badge +4

I will try changing "control" mode to edit. Hope this will solve the issue.

Thanks,

Rahul

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Rahul, let me clarify to make sure I understand what you're asking.

You have an approval workflow in which you're assigning a task to the manager, correct? If so, I'm guessing you clicked "Edit Task Form" on your task, then "Enabled" the relevant controls in the form. After doing this, did you click "Save" in the ribbon of the forms editor in the "Designer" tab?

Badge +4

Yeah. I did. As I mentioned earlier only "enabled" will not be enough. There is another property under Advanced section - "Control mode". This is by default set as "Display", I have changed that to "Edit". This will allow manager to enter the data. It is working fine.

Thanks,

Rahul

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Rahul, glad that resolved it for you. I like to ask the "easy" questions first as it's easy to go down a rabbithole of troubleshooting only to realize an hour later that you just missed a small simple thing....ask me how familiar I am with that process >.>

In any case, please go ahead and mark your own answer as "Correct" so that others with this problem will benefit from the wisdom!

Badge +4

Sure, will do. Thanks for your inputs.