cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Posts

Conditional Start on Task List not starting with Previous Value Check

I am trying to start a workflow if a task has been checked or unchecked. Using the conditional start, I have tried both scenarios below, but neither one starts the workflow. Any idea why?Completed (pr...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | March 14, 2019 11:50
  • Views 1657
  • Replies 4

Form validation that requires 4 characters

HelloI have a single line text field which has a maximum of 4 characters called 'Ops ID'. What would a regular expression in a Nintex form validation be that requires all 4 characters to be provided?a...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | January 22, 2019 09:55
  • Views 1140
  • Replies 7

Disconnected field in form shows value of previous edit session

Hello,This seems like it should be very simple, but I must be missing something. I have a field on my form called CCIControl. It is "Not connected" to any field in my list. I use it for the session, a...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | January 04, 2019 14:00
  • Views 807
  • Replies 3

Validate "To" for Send Notification in Task List

I have a task list called "Checklist". When a task is checked off as completed, a workflow runs to send an email notification to a person listed in a column called "Recipient To" in the task list. It ...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | December 18, 2018 08:55
  • Views 867
  • Replies 4

How to provide a link to a lookup field in a Send Notification (Email) Action

I have a lookup field in my list (called Request ID) which, of course, when I click on it, I am taken to the item in the lookup list. I'd like to provide this same functionality/link when I send an em...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | November 16, 2018 16:37
  • Views 903
  • Replies 2

Query of Second Occurrence of 'For Each Loop' does not work

Hello,I have been trying to get this to work for weeks. I have read numerous posts on the subject, but cannot get this to work.I havecreated a collection of collateral types called vCollCollateralList...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | November 15, 2018 07:39
  • Views 628
  • Replies 2

How to parse a multiple value field into a collection

Hello,I have a lookup field called Collateral Type that allows multiple values. For example it may contain 3 values: CHT; EML; ENV. How do I pull the values of Collateral Type into a collection?Thank ...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | October 31, 2018 22:33
  • Views 591
  • Replies 2

How to save a Lookup field in a collection

Hello,I am using a query to create a Collection of a lookup field. The collection is called vCollTaskOwner1 with a type of collection. When I do a count of the collection, I get 7 which is the expecte...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | October 30, 2018 09:10
  • Views 444
  • Replies 1

Request Data stalls and does not move to next task

For the purposes of sending a task to a “shared mailbox”, I followed other’s suggestions and I am using a Request Data, without notification to individual people, and a separate email is sent to the s...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | July 13, 2018 11:04
  • Views 410
  • Replies 0

Button to Open New Form on Different List or Modify different list

Hello,I am trying to add a button on aform (Requests). The button, (called "Add Employees"), will open up a new form for another list (RequestEmployees) and link it to the ID of theRequest item. I'd l...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | June 27, 2018 12:20
  • Views 885
  • Replies 2

Relational Parent Child Relationship

I have a list called “Requests” with approx. 40 fields. One field is called “Request Type” (lookup field to lstRequestTypes) . lstRequestTypes contain 15 different request types. I use a Nintex form t...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | June 15, 2018 13:59
  • Views 2057
  • Replies 3

How to show Initiator Name on New Form

Hi,This seems like a basic question, but I was not able to find the answer. When a new item is being created, I would like to show the initiator's name on the form, and then store it in my list.I have...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | June 04, 2018 16:48
  • Views 1403
  • Replies 5

How should I handle a task waiting for approval of a person out of the office?

Hello,I tried to search for the answer to this, but had no luck. If a flex-task sends an email to a person for approval, but that person is out of the office, how can the task be approved or delegated...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | May 01, 2018 09:38
  • Views 1051
  • Replies 6

Is there a way to increase the amount of time the column description appears while ho

When the cursor is hovered over an input field, the column description is displayed for about 6 seconds. Is there a way to increase this time? Some of my descriptions are a bit too long to read in 6 s...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | March 23, 2018 12:06
  • Views 474
  • Replies 2

Can I lookup a person in a table based on a people picker drop down?

I have a table called "Requests" with a person field called [Requester].I have a second table called "Employees" with a person field called [Employee] and another field called [Team].The fields on my ...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | February 21, 2018 19:15
  • Views 3324
  • Replies 4

How do I create a Parent Child Form to update the children

Hello,I am using Nintex Forms 2013. I have 2 lists.1. Departments - Parent table. This is a list of all of the departments. Field "Department" is unique. There are other fields such as contact informa...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | January 23, 2018 23:10
  • Views 1420
  • Replies 2

Problems with starting a conditional workflow when another workflow modifys the item.

I have a strange problem.Workflow-1 - I have 1 workflow that runs on creation of an item. This workflow updates several fields.Workflow-2 - I have another workflow that runs only on modify with a cond...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | November 17, 2017 12:00
  • Views 567
  • Replies 1

Find approver of a Flexi Task sent to a Sharepoint Group

I need to find the approver of a flexi-task that was sent to a Sharepoint Group. The "Create individual tasks for all group members" is checked. I have read a lot of posts on this topic, but it seems ...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | November 03, 2017 13:56
  • Views 577
  • Replies 2

On a workflow Task View, can the 2nd set of buttons be removed?

Hi,I have a Workflow Task View which a user sees when they approve/reject from a flexi task email. It shows two sets of OK/Cancel buttons. One after theComment box, and then another set after the Item...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | October 21, 2017 10:03
  • Views 517
  • Replies 1

How to remove scroll bar from Memo item on a form

Hello,I have 2 memo fields ([Description of Change] and [Strategy Change Requirements]) on my form. One shows a horizontal scroll bar, and one does not. I can't figure out how to remove the scroll bar...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by sshaffer
  • | October 21, 2017 08:41
  • Views 1005
  • Replies 3