Add button in K2 Doc attachment is disable, Help me!!!!

• 17 December 2005
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1
Actually, we will still have a problem even if a person can view and post to a list (as opposed to full admin which we have right now). I would appreciate your suggesitons for how to resolve this situation:

For our performance eval process: The supervisor needs to be able to edit and remove attachments. However, we don't want a supervisor to be able to go into SP and view every other supervisors' employees' evals. It would be better to attach the document to the form but not put it in SharePoint... or to put it in SharePoint using a server login account instead of the individual, so that we don't have to give the individuals permissions in the library.

I would appreciate your suggestions for resolving this problem

7 replies

Badge +2
When using K2 Doc Attachment, Add button is disable.
I have followed all the intructions on this topic, including:
-Setting K2 Doc Attachment control properties
-Grant rights to contributor on sharepoint

But the Add button is still disable.
Any one can help me?.
Badge +1
I have the same problem except for when the k2 admin account (k2server, in my case) opens IE for a certain S/P site. This is not a problem for other sites but it is for other users of this certain S/P site. I've compared the offending site's settings with the settings of the others that work and don't see a difference but there must be a permission or site setting disparity somewhere in S/P if not in K2.
Badge +1
Our add button was disabled too. I tried every variation of permissions. The only thing that I could find that would work is giving the user accessing the form (or the AD group if appropriate) full administrative rights on the site. This is not a feasible implementation, however, in real life. The site owner does not want these guys to have full admin rights. Contributor did not work. Web Designer didn't work either.

Am I misunderstanding something? Is there a better way?
Badge +11
We've had a similar issue once but we were unable to troubleshoot because we were unable to recreate the problem.

Anybody willing to create a VPC for us containing this problem so that we can troubleshoot?

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +1
What do you mean? What is a VPC?
Badge +11
Virtual PC:
With Microsoft® Virtual PC, you can create and run one or more virtual machines, each with its own operating system, on a single computer.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
I Already added attachment using K2docattachment in ASPX form.

Firstly, you must config K2docattachment control properties as below:

+ AttachedDocuments: ProcXML: AttachedDocuments ( you must creat an XML datafield)
+ AttachedDocumentsXPath: /spsdocuments/documents/document/server

+ The most important things : you must specify sharepoint server and document server for the attachment:

DocumentServer: http://iptoolsvr:8010
SharePointServer: http://iptoolsvr:8010
DocumentLibrary: sites/IP/Suggestion Document
if you config right for k2docattachment properties, the add button is enable. Otherwise, it is disable.

Second thing, you must allow users having insert document right in the document library in sharepoint site.

---> I succeeded in configuring k2docattachments using the above instruction. Hope you will succeed in using k2docattachment!