K2.Net NLB

Badge +1

Hi guys!

Has anyone try the K2.Net server install in NLB? Is there any official documentation or knowledge base about it (best practice, step-by-step or something else)?

I want to install the K2.Net 2003 server SP4 and the workspace in one nlb cluster (node 1: K2+ WS, node2: K2+WS)

Thanks

Zsolt 

4 replies

Badge +9

The default K2 installation documentation assumes that you have the basic knowledge in configuring a NLB cluster.  Instructions on installing a NLB cluster can be found in the default Windows Server help files and also on many articles on Google.

Just some tips here:

1. Note that the K2 and K2Log database components are installed the first time only.  For installations on the 2nd and subsequent NLB nodes, make sure they are not selected.
  2. For each node, you should point the workspace to use the workspace webservice on the local machine.  This helps to prevent the traffic from routing outside to your external switch.
  3. Just note that if you have your Workspace installed with K2, you need to configure your NLB cluster to session affinity set to single.  If the NLB cluster has only the K2 server component, you can configure the cluster to use session affinity none.
Badge +1

Thanks a lot.

I want to install the K2 server and the K2 Workspace each node. So one K2 cluster, and each node: K2 Server + K2 WS.

"For each node, you should point the workspace to use the workspace webservice on the local machine.  This helps to prevent the traffic from routing outside to your external switch." - with web.config?

And another question:

I can't find any requirements about SQL 2005 components. I will use a fail-over SQL 2005 cluster. Which components is requirements for K2:

SQL 2005 Database Services, SQL 2005 Analysis Services, SQL 2005 Integration Services, SQL 2005 Notification Services

I think only the first one for the K2 databases. It is true?

thank you.

Badge +9

For DB, you should only need Database Services.

Badge +9
The specification of the workspace webservice URL is done when you install the K2 components.  You can refer to the installation documentation for detailed instructions on configuring the various parameters.