Task Form not working with \Request Data\"-action"

• 5 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi Community,

I have been fighting with this for few days now. I have created a workflow that request values from the user via the "Request Data"-action and after updates these to a list. The workflow works just fine but I am having trouble with the task forms. I am not sure how much of this is due to sharepoint and how much to nintex.

So when opening the task from the email generated by nintex (or unter my workflow tasks) it looks like this: 

219379_pastedImage_2.png

I have found some mentions about directing the task directly to the edit mode but have not yet been able to implement it. Nevertheless, the users can manage to click "Edit Item". The problem is on the edit item view that looks like this:

219386_pastedImage_3.png

This would be ideal,  but the "Complete Task" button is not doing anything. Clicking it will not give any feedback nor complete the task. I have tried to create a Infopath form to replace the oob form from Sharepoint but when publishing it the same edit view comes up after clicking edit. I have found a one time workaround but I have to do this each time a new task is generated. After publishing the infopath form, I can use the Tasklist settings to revert back to the Sharepoint Standard. This gives me the original OOB edit view: 

219387_pastedImage_4.png

As mentioned on the next instance of the workflow the form reverts back to the one in the second picture.

I have tried creating a new workflow (with new task list) and content types with no success. Any help would be appreciated highly! I have a farm page where the forms work just fine. On the published page I am having such problems that are slowly destroying my mental sanity. 

Thanks,

Pave

Edit. I unfortunately do not have access to Nintex Forms...

Edit2. What I have been able to figure out today is that the problem seems to be related to the "Edit Form" view. The url for editing it on the standard view is Site-URL/TaskList/editform.aspx?ID=1 but when I change the Content Type to the one used in the workflow I get Site-URL/Tasklist/SNr_BTE_IST/SNr_BTE_IST.aspx?=List***a long unique id etc*** Sadly, I still have no clue how to fix this.

2 replies

Badge +3

Dear Community,

I am still fighting this issue. I am able to manage it by creating and removing a infopath formular for the task each time I publish the workflow again. 

The issue remains the same. My users are not able to complete the tasks with the standard form shown below. Clicking "Complete" does not do anything. Fixing this is as above. Nevertheless, this is not really a solution rather than a workaround. There has to be something wrong with the form-templates etc. On another Sharepoint installation, this error does not exist. Thank you for the support!

219386_pastedImage_3.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you tried to investigate why Complete button doesn't work?

have you eg. checked developer console whether there are not errors reported before or after the button is pressed?

or have you checked network traffic whether a post/postback doesn't error out?

could you clarify what exactly "do nothing" means?

does it stay on task form? or task form is closed/submitted but task status doesn't change? and/or workflow doesn't move on?

is BTE_Soll field disabled? or is that just a visual deception?

if so how did you achieve that? any javascript on the page?or any customization on master page?

anything that may prevent Complete button to work?