Upgrade or New Installation to version 4.6

• 10 May 2012
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi

I am having problems with K2 for SharePoint after I upgraded it to version 4.6 from  4.5 and wonder if because of I just upgraded and should have done a new installation instead.  Anyone have successfully done this,  please let me know?

We have K2 BlackPear and K2 BlackPoint  version 4.5 installed and runing fine.

To upgraded to version 4.6

• First, we decided to go with a single K2 database approach and so we installed a new K2 BlackPearl server.  everything went successfully
  • Seconde,  now on the SharePoint environment (K2 BlackPoint),  on the option in K2 Set up Manager, we chose to run the upgrade instead of  new installation

The upgraded ran successfully but when we run K2 for SharePoint Configuration Wizard,  I started to have some issue (so some configuration was ok,  some failed

I am still working to fix those errors and just thinking may be I should have installed a new K2 BlackPoint instead of upgrade.

Thanks

Xuan

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

If I understand correctly you did a clean install or at least created new K2db’s with the K2 Server installation and then on CA and WFE’s you did an upgrade. Don’t think this is supported. If you wanted one single K2 DB you have to do clean install for all K2 components. If your method is used the K2 for Sharepoint bits will still point to the old db’s.

HTH

Vernon