I am trying to create a workflow that will notify specific colleagues to either approve or deny a document once it reaches a certain date. I am new to workflows and am not sure how to accomplish this.

• 14 June 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a list of items that need to be reviewed once a year to see if the information is still relevant. I would like to create a workflow that notifies the owners when an item has reach the year period, gives them the option to either approve (keep) the item or deny (delete) the item. Additionally, I would like to have the action (either keep or delete) included in the overall workflow, if possible.

I am new to Nintex and not sure if what I am trying to accomplish is possible through workflows but if so, how I would create. Thanks for any and all help.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

‌ - 

I am assuming that you have the following data within your list:

• Document Owner
  • Next Review Date

You can leverage a site workflow to query the list on a specific interval, perhaps once a day. When you query the list, you want to collect all of the items that [Next Review Date] = [Today]. Once you have a collection of all of your items that are up for review, simply loop through the collection and create a task for each [Document Owner]. Your task will provide you the branches of logic to establish what actions to take when the document is Approved or Rejected, or in your scenario, Keep and Delete.

Hope this helps!