Unable to delete attachment in Nintex Form

Badge +6

I have come across this issue in a couple of different lists, but have not found a solution. Users are able to delete some attachments on a Nintex Form, but not others. When looking at the console in Chrome developer tools, I'm noticing the following error when I attempt to delete the trouble attachments.

nintex_delete_attachment.png

6 replies

Badge +7

Hi Jason,

Do you experience this issue in Internet Explorer as well?  I have found that my IE environment is much more stable for SharePoint than Chrome and I get a lot more issues in the other browsers.  It might also be because I'm still on SharePoint 2010happy.png.

This error is also usually related to something wrong in the actual java script, like a missing ; or ) or }  but this is not something that you fiddled with right?

What do you get when you click on the VM347:1?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Jason,

I'd first suspect this had to do with custom Javascript missing some expected syntax.   If you aren't using custom JS, are your file attachments names valid as far as SP is concerned?   Can you give an example of a file name that is causing this error.

Thanks

Badge +6

Hello,

this is occurring in both IE 11, and Chrome

If I click on the error, here are the details

NWF.FormFiller.Attachments.RemoveAttachmentFromServer.call(NWF$('#' + 'idAttachmentsRow965727d5-4090-4f4b-8931-f044e74bbc4a'), 'MercyShift MW Policy - Karen's revisions March 11 2016-draft.pdf',True,'idAttachmentsRow965727d5-4090-4f4b-8931-f044e74bbc4a')

I have a feeling this error is due to a special character in the file name

attachment_error.png

NWF.FormFiller.Attachments.RemoveAttachmentFromServer.call(NWF$('#' + 'idAttachmentsRow965727d5-4090-4f4b-8931-f044e74bbc4a'), 'MercyShift MW Policy - Karen's revisions March 11 2016-draft.pdf',True,'idAttachmentsRow965727d5-4090-4f4b-8931-f044e74bbc4a')

Badge +7

Hi Jason,

Can you try this and remove the apostrophe after Karen?  And replace the "-" with a "_"

Let me know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I suspect the same, that's why I wanted to see the list of your attachment names.  Thanks for sharing!

Badge +4

Did you happen to resolve this ? I am also getting this error on using apostrophe in attachment name.