Nintex forms custom inline function not working

• 4 September 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

i was creating a custom inline function i have perform all things like mentioned in this article

https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1233

but my function is not working.
i have put it in a Default value of a Text box, instead of running the function it copies the name of the function in the default value of the text box as mentioned in the image.

below is my function and the command  have write

namespace IsEnglish
{
public static class Function
{
public static string Is_English()
{
var _lcid = System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.LCID;
var _lcidUI = System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture.LCID;

return "LCID: "+_lcid+" LCID-UI: "+_lcidUI;
}
}
}

Command:
Add-InlineFunction -FunctionAlias "fn-CustomIsEnglish" -AssemblyName "IsEnglish, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c559cde2944155fd" -Namespace "IsEnglish" -TypeName "Function" -MethodName "Is_English" -Usage "fn-CustomIsEnglish()" -Description "Returns a lcid"

Thanks

8 replies

Badge +11

Hi Mohammad,

there is a small error in the command. There is a space at the end of your -Namespace parameter. If you delete the space at the end, your solution will work fine.

So instead of:

-Namespace "IsEnglish "

it has to be:

-Namespace "IsEnglish"

I know the error comes from the instructions, maybe Emily Billing‌ can correct this.

Cheers

Philipp

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I think ‌ would be the man to do the update with ‌ long gone.

Badge +2

Thanks for your reply Philipp 

i have done what you have suggested but still same thing is happening.

Badge +11

Hm, that's weird.

I tested the exact same thing you did and got the some issue. Afterwards I corrected the command and it worked.

You can try to remove your inline function first with "Remove-InlineFunction", maybe something did not get overwritten correctly.

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +2

i have tried Remove-InlineFunction, it removes the function, but issue still remain there.
i am also adding assembly to GAC each time before adding in line function hopefully this doesn't have to do anything with it?

Badge +11

To be safe just remove your DLL(s) first and then re-add them. Although this shouldn't be the problem.

I would try to re-create this whole inline function inlcuding a new visual studio project (select new names everywhere as well). This way you can be sure that no artifacts of old versions are messing things up.

Keep us informed about your progress!

Badge +11

I still see it

shocked.png

Badge +2

I have created a new project with new names in it and then run the command

But still have the same issue