Workflow error notifications not going out

• 25 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

My workflow is erroring because a Start Workflow action is not working - the workflow referenced is not being kicked off. The status says "Error Occurred" but I am not receiving a notification. The Event Log says "Error - failed to start workflow - the selected workflow is already running." I receive notifications for other workflow errors, so I know my email is correct and error notifications are functioning. Has anyone come across certain reasons why error notifications don't work? Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you checked it is not sorted out by a spam filter or some rule?

if you end the failed workflow, do you get a notification?

Badge +1

Thanks for replying. The notification is not affected by a spam folder or rule - I am getting other notifications. And, I did get the workflow cancelled message. Upon further investigation, I think it had to do with a redundant action. The action before the "Start workflow" action was to change a status. There was another workflow that was set to start upon a status change. Even though Nintex saw it as an error because the Start workflow action didn't work, it didn't send a notification because the workflow it was supposed to kick off was already running. That's my hypothesis at the moment. Have tried removing the redundant action so hopefully that will fix the problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

start workflow action has an option " Do not start the workflow if it is already running"Ā  to prevent errors if a workflow is already running.