• 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Issue

Opening or previewing a Nintex Form presents "Sorry, something went wrong "

Error Code

22354i5BC1F5CE29B66DDD.png

In some circumstances, the ULS log may show the following:

System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.
at Nintex.Forms.TextBoxValueFactory.Create()
at Nintex.Forms.FormControls.TextBoxFormControl.GetUpdatedValue()

Resolution

The root cause tends to be a form control, form rule, or custom code. To confirm if rules or custom code are the issue, delete all of each and see if the form begins to work properly.

If not, the issue is likely a form control. Below are some examples of what to look for:

• List Lookup controls
    • Ensure that users have permissions to view the list that is being referenced in the List Lookup control.
  • People controls
    • If a group is named in the Sharepoint group field under the 'Advanced' section of the People control configuration, confirm the following:

22355i0B4FC635C389F452.png

1. Ensure that the group exists at http://[SiteURL]/_layouts/15/start.aspx#/_layouts/15/groups.aspx

22356i8CA8A59322F1E45D.png

2. Review the Group Settings to see if impacted users are able to view the group membership.

22357iC8516EB5B234FFAF.png

• Form control types versus SharePoint column types. If the types mismatch, the form may fail to open. For example, a field named 'Birthday' was originally created as a Single Line of Text column. On the Nintex Form, the a Single Line of Text control is connected to the column. The 'Birthday' column is later changed to a Date/Time column.

Sharepoint Column

22358iE5E50E02426F14BC.png

Form Control

22359i331C73C039DD0324.png

Note: Since the types mismatch, the 'Connected to' field is blank. The 'Default value source' is currently set to 'Use connected field's default value'. Since the relationship between the control and column is broken, the dependency on the default value setting is also broken; this ultimately presents an error.

Additional Information

There are many possible root causes in Nintex Forms not rendering. However, the cause tends to be a dependency on an object that a user does not have permission to, or does not exist.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!