Copy/Pasting a multi layered numerical list from Microsoft Word into the Rich Text Control on a K2 Smartform in IE 11 adds new line instead of creating new child item

• 16 February 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Copy/Pasting a multi layered numerical list from Microsoft Word into the Rich Text Control on a K2 Smartform in IE 11 adds new line instead of creating new child item

kbt148144

PRODUCT
K2 Five
BASED ON
K2 Five (all)
This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.

Issue

You have created a numerical list within Microsoft Word. You then want to copy/paste this list into the K2 SmartForms Rich Text control. After doing so you want to modify the text within the control and add another child item to the list.

When you hit enter on the line above where you want to add an additional item, after doing so on IE 11 you will see that a new line is created instead of adding an item to the list as a child.

Symptoms

Example Text that was copy/pasted into the rich text control from Microsoft Word:

1. Fruits

a. Apple

i. Fuji

ii. Red Delicious

When clicking enter for item #1 on IE we get the following:

1. Fruits​

a. Apple

i. Fuji

When doing the same on Chrome and cleaning the MS Word formatting, we see that the child item #2 is created as expected:

1. Fruits​

a. Apple

i. Fuji

Resolution

1. Use the Google Chrome browser and clean the Microsoft Word formatting when pasting into the Rich Text control. This issue is not present when using a browser such as Chrome.

2. Alternatively, build the numerical list within the control itself instead of creating it in Microsoft Word and then copy/paste it into the control.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!