Workflows have error. How do I proceed?

• 13 February 2012
  • 0 replies

Badge

Dear All,

I have 3 different workflows with different errors. These workflows are of course integrated into MS SharePoint 2007 with MS InfoPath Forms. 1 Form for 1 Workflow.

1) I'm currently stuck at the last activity of the workflow. Why? Because during the process of this workflow, it seems that a particular field in the form was not properly filled in. Thereby causing some problems such as in the last activity, we've to notify the user. Because we don't have the name of the user, we can't proceed with this workflow. The workflow has given an error: "A recipient must be specified."

2) I have amended this workflow but because only new instances will use the new workflow, the old workflow instances are unable to get past an activity which involves inserting a record into a list in SharePoint. I have totally removed this activity from the amended workflow. The workflow has given an error: "Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte."

3) Finally, in the last workflow, because we failed to ensure that the initial value of a field in the SharePoint  List is set to 0, the value retrieved is undefined. I do not know of how I can patch this value to ensure that the workflow carries on. The list has already been patched and necessary conditions have been put into the workflow to ensure that it defaults to 0 in case of any foreseen circumstances. The workflow has given an error: "Input string was not in a correct format."

Theses are issues pending at our customer's end and it's been a real pain because we're not well accustomed to K2 to know what we can or can't do.

Note: I took over this project from a colleague who implemented this project and then left the company.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!