All users are not retrieved when using the URM service UMUser SmartObject

• 16 February 2021
  • 0 replies

Badge +4

Known Issue: All users are not retrieved when using the URM service UMUser SmartObject

KB003688

PRODUCT
K2 Five
BASED ON
K2 Five

Issue

When using the User Role Management service’s UMUser SmartObject to retrieve users, all users are not retrieved.

Cause

The User Role Management service has a limit of 100 users by default. This is to improve performance by not retrieving all users at once.

When using the URM service UMUser SmartObject, and building a filter that references the FQN, the FQN is not passed into the underlying identity provider like the other fields. This is because the FQN is not provided by the identity provider, instead it is built by the URM service as a combination of the Label and the Name. The filter is applied only after the values are received from the identity provider. When the FQN value used in the filter is not in the top 100 users retrieved by the identity provider, the result may be empty.

Resolution

When using any of the options below you must test your environment for performance issues. Any performance issues you experience because of these resolutions are not supported because Nintex K2 has no control over the performance of the identity provider, or the number of users retrieved.

Use one of the options below to resolve the issue.

To retrieve large numbers of users, we recommend you use one of the following options:

Create a new URM service instance and set a groupname

1. In Management, create a new instance of the User Role Manager Service.
    22595iB3D80BD1FEB64630.png
  2. Change the groupname to the specific URM group that you want to retrieve users for in the control.
    22596i8787412826560421.png

Create a new URM service instance with a different size limit

1. In Management, create a new instance of the User Role Manager Service.
    22597i5365DC47AB078A6F.png
  2. Change the size to the preferred size.
    22598iC692B7F4C14C56C6.png

Use Name as the identifier instead of FQN

1. In K2 Designer, configure the Data Source of your Picker control by clicking the menu next to SmartObject.
    22599i3089F91294363BEE.png
  2. Select Name from the Identifier drop-down.
    22600i34982DE214C34A6B.png

Use a previously resolved display property instead of resolving the value in a list

This option applies when you are working with a list of values. You can create a second property in the SmartObject to store the resolved display template. The idea is to maintain a resolved version each time a value is edited, not to resolve the values when displayed as a list but rather show this field. Download the Using the Picker control’s display property with the URM Service document attached to this article to see how to implement this scenario.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!