Get GUID of current User???

• 13 November 2015
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

I am passing the User ID of the logged in persons UserID (AD Account) to a web service to return the GUID of the user.

This process is taking too long and i get the K2 error "The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:59.xxxxxx. Increase the timeout value passed to the call.....". Occasionaly it works and i don't get this error, but it is slow.

Instead of using a web service to do this, can i use K2 itself to get the GUID of the current user? If so, this would speed up things.

Can anyone show me how to get the GUID of the current user using k2?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Sharpharp1,

I don't see it possible OOB, did you check fiddler or wireshark traces to see what the reason of the delay could be?

or check the developer tool (F12)  on the browser, I believe you would be able to know the reason of the delay.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

The guy who developed the web service isn't back till next week, but i wanted to bypass the slow web service altogether if i could do it with K2 itself.

Why is it not possible?

I already have the AD account from the currently logged in user using a RULE and System Values - Current User. Is there no way i can somehow do a lookup using the AD User Smartobject to get the GUID?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

If you execute the AD user smartobject, check the returned properties, K2 doesn't get the AD user GUID and it's not possible to edit the AD service instance (code side).

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Ok Mustafa, thanks for clarifying.

Web Service it is then....

Kind Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

There is a Community Project Dynamic AD broker if you wish to explore this option:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Dynamic-Active-Directory-Service/bc-p/871

* Although I am not sure if it can return this GUID property or not.