SShaffer2
Nintex Newbie

UserProfileLookup in Repeating section in New Responsive Form Question

Jump to solution

Hello,

I posted this question in another forum but did not get an answer.  I just found this user group, so I thought I would try to ask again.

I would like to pull in a person's manager using UserProfileLookup.  This works fine "outside" the repeating section, but I cannot get it to work inside the repeating section.

I have tried using a People Picker field as well as a Label and setting up a rule with a variable that uses the UserProfileLookup, and I could not get either to work in the repeating section.

My variable looks like this:

varNominatorMgr - userProfileLookup([Form].[Nominator],"Manager") 

Does anyone have any idea why this is not working, or a workaround?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gavin-Adams
Nintex Newbie

Re: UserProfileLookup in Repeating section in New Responsive Form Question

Jump to solution

I was able to get it to work with a text box using the formula in the default value:

userProfileLookup([Context].[Current user email],"Manager")

In the repeating section row, was a person column defaulted to current user email.

and the text box with the formula above.

The text box did not calculate until I had clicked into the first person field in the repeating section row.

However the formula doesn't allow you to access any of the form controls either in the form globally or within the row.

My understanding is that variables would be a single value form wide so they would not work in a repeating section row. Unless you had a fixed number of rows and a different variable for each row. (which kind of defeats the purpose).

FYI additionally the manager field from the user profile returns the managers email address prefixed with "i:0#.f|membership|"

The old calculated value control being available in the new responsive forms would really help here.

0 Kudos
SShaffer2
Nintex Newbie

Re: UserProfileLookup in Repeating section in New Responsive Form Question

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.  I found a way to accomplish this.  I did not realize there are rules specific for repeating sections.  I also didn't realize that I needed to convert the people field to string.  Here are the steps I used to create the rule:

1. Add new Rule.  In the "Apply To" section, click the down arrow, and select the Repeating section. 
  2. Name: "Repeat Nominee Manager"
  3. IF convertToString([Form].[Repeating Nominee Section].[Repeat Nominee]) |  Is Filled (where [Repeat Nominee] is the name of the field that I want to use to lookup values)
  4. Then [Repeat Nominee Manager] | Value | userProfileLookup(convertToString([Form].[Repeating Nominee Section].[Repeat Nominee]),"Manager"; ([Repeat Nominee Manager] is the name of the field a want to populate after looking up the manager)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos