tomcastiglia
Nintex Newbie

Unable to change Numeric field between Integer and Decimal

Jump to solution

In my first use of responsive forms for NWC, I didn't start with Challenge #1.  Instead I converted one my existing workflows to use the Responsive Form instead of the existing pre-built Public Web Form.  In this process I encountered two problems.  One of which is related to NWC generally (not the responsive forms) and the other issue is related to the responsive forms preview.

Background

My test was using a workflow that contains a custom Xtension that I created.  This workflow has a total of 6 Start Event Variables needed in a start form.  Two of the fields are of type Decimal: HotelExpense and MealExpense.  This workflow leverages a custom Xtension that returns two variables of type Integer (HotelPerDiem and MealPerDiem).

Anyway, I created a new Responsive Form in NWC for this workflow (see below):

Issues

1. NWC issue - When using a Run If action to compare HotelExpense to HotelPerDiem, it does not allow me to do this because one is an Integer and the other is Decimal.  However, NWC should allow me to compare Integers to Decimals.  I assume this is a basic bug in NWC.
  2. Responsive form issue - As a rough work-around for the above issue, I attempted to change the "Numeric type" property of the MealExpense and HotelExpense fields, from Decimal to Integer, so that the comparison would work.   Although I can make this change in the UI of teh form designer, it does not actually change the underlying type.  So even my work-around here does not work.  See below:

Note that the Numeric type property is now to "Integer", however when I save the form it is still displayed as "Decimal" and the Run If action still won't allow me to compare the MealExpense variable to the MealPerDiem variable.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
matt_jennings
Nintex Newbie

Re: Unable to change Numeric field between Integer and Decimal

Jump to solution

Hi Tom, sorry for any delay.  I don't have the answer but I am including ‌ to hopefully provide some additional guidance or context.  thank you!

EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Tom Castiglia‌,

This issue with Workflow Cloud sounds familiar - I will forward on to the Product Manager.

Are you able to remove the control and readd it as the numeric type you need? 

Cheers,

Euan

tomcastiglia
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Euan - Yes, recreating the control from scratch work just fine.  Sorry, I should have mentioned that as the actual work around.

joshua_tan
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Tom,

Item 1 that you've raised. I'll add that into the NWC backlog. Looks like we've taken a hard stance on the variable types. You're right, we should allow integer and decimals to be compared and evaluated against each other.

Item 2 is a known issue - the type in NWC is set at creation of the field control, making the change in the form designer does not update the underlying start event variable type that the form control maps to in the workflow designer; This is something we hope to address by GA.

As always, appreciate the feedback!

Josh

View solution in original post

tomcastiglia
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks ‌, ‌ & ‌!