What does the \Nintex Workflow 2013 Enterprise Reporting\" feature do?"

• 14 April 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

What happens on a site when you enable the "Nintex Workflow 2013 Enterprise Reporting" feature?  The only change I notice is that it enables the option to "View Reports" in the site settings under the Nintex section.  An resource at my company is claiming that enabling this builds up history and takes up a bunch of space, but that doesn't seem to make sense to me since when I turn it off, the workflow histories are still there.  So was hoping someone could confirm what this feature actually does.  Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +16

I believe it makes the web parts available for you too.

Enable Reports on your Nintex Workflows

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I think the web parts have to be turned on first in the site collection.  I can get to the reports in the link you provided, but I don't have any web parts for reports that I can use.  But regardless my main concern is finding out if turning this on has any affect on the amount of space Nintex uses for reporting. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

The link provided by Cassy Freeman​ will be accurate for enabling reporting web parts. 

As far as your second question, enabling these reports will not add to workflow history lists or your Nintex Workflow Database, as this data will be stored regardless of whether the reporting is enabled. The reporting web parts will pull information from the Nintex Workflow database and compile the information in an easily viewable format.