Sharepoint List Field Sometimes Fails to Update Well

• 18 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have a Nintex form with a repeating section and some calculated fields in the form that sum up totals from the repeating section. The fields type is number/decimal.

The form updates well, and all the values from the lines are updated in the calculated fields (so there seems to be no problem with the rules on the form).

The calculated fields are linked to the sharepoint list columns in the form.

When the user submits the form, the calculated fields need to be updated in the sharepoint list, and most of the time the update goes well. However, sometimes, the fields are either not updated at all, or updated only with partial sums (for example, if I have 3 lines in the form, and the form displays the sum of all 3, the sharepoint list will be updated with a sum of only 1 line). 

I am not able to track in which cases it happens and why. I found no consistency in this issue. It happened with several users, several fields, different number of lines, etc.

My only guess is that it's something to do with the order of update when submitting the form, but I don't know where and what to look for because when I try on my own it works well.

Any ideas?

2 replies

Badge +2

Anyone? 🙂

Badge +11

From my experience repeating data cannot be saved out directly to a single column (easily), so I would guess only the data from the first row of data is only ever being saved.

I would suggest removing the directly linked input controls from the repeating table, and having on-form-only input controls in the repeating table, with these being totalled-up on the form and saved to the list by using a form variable and rule updating a hidden controls that saves directly to list columns.