owa add-in: \Invalid SharePoint URL\"

• 14 October 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I tried to use your new Outlook/OWA add-in, but is imposible due to authentication issues:

When I click on Nintex add-in, I need to authenticate:

129382_pastedImage_0.png

My credentials are well set, but I'm getting an "Invalid SharePoint Url" message.

129383_pastedImage_1.png

I tried to include a lot of different URL's in the Lazy Approval mail.

If I include an normal site URL, like "https://MyWebAppURL/sites/workflows/genericWF", then I'm getting a "We could not find a Nintex Workflow URL in this email"

129384_pastedImage_2.png

If I included an NintexWorkflow URL, like the "WF Status" OOB link "https://MyWebAppURL/sites/workflows/generic/_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/preview.aspx?ListId=..." (I read that a /NintexWorkflow/ must be present in the mail URL) then I receive the "Invalid SharePoint Url".

Therefore, Which URL exactly I need to include into the email? There's no clear specification about it. The Site URL is not good, neither the "WF Status URL"... (I tested about 10 different ones, none of them seems to be valid).

Then so far has been imposible to use your new add-in.

It not supposed to be easy to use?

Kind regards.

7 replies

Badge +3

Have you been able to solve this? I am facing same problem

Badge +3

Anyone find a fix for this? We are also getting this error.

Thanks

Badge +3

Hi Folks,

I would like to know if your Sharepoint URLs are publicly accessible. For outlook add-in to work, you need to make sure that the URL in your Lazy approval emails are publicly available, otherwise it will show Invalid Sharepoint URL.

Badge +3

Our SharePoint environment is internal, anyone using it externally is on a VPN. (and therefore "internal").

So this won't work internally??

Thanks.

Badge +3

‌, it won't work if your environment is internal or even on VPN. Outlook add-in reads url in the email and then gets task details from SharePoint, so if your SharePoint url is not publicly available, Outlook add-in won't be able to communicate with it.  

Badge +3

Hi,

Is there an internal plugin for outlook, or is there any plan on developing this plugin further to work internally?

Thanks,

Chad

Badge

Hi Chad,

At this stage we aren't looking at an internal only solution. I would encourage you to add it as a feature request to uservoice (Customer Feedback for Nintex ).

Cheers,

Roanna