Workflow step with multiple approvers

• 17 February 2015
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

I have a workflow that kicks off when a new document is uploaded to sharepoint.  I have a Sharepoint event writing fields to a Smart Object list that populates a Smartform.  The next step in the workflow has 3 outcomes.  2 of the outcomes are just sending the workflow along to another step.  The 3rd outcome is what I need some advice on.  If they select the 3rd Outcome I need it to open a form that they can select mulitple people from and then click submit.  When they click submit the workflow needs to send the a form to each person selected.  The selected individuals then need the ability to comment on the form and send it along in the workflow.  I know how to create the forms for the tasks as far as selecting the users and the form for adding comments.  What I can not figure out is making the 3rd outcome bring up the form to select the multiple participants.  Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Sstrickland

How is the 3rd outcome selected? Is the user selecting this when they upload the document?

I am assuming that there is an activity in your workflow that has 3 outcomes. If this is the case then I think what you need to do is connect your line from this activity for the 3rd outcome to another workflow activity containing an event that will create a task for the user to open the form and input the required users. There are a couple of options you can use in your workflow to achieve this.

In the Events Wizard (K2 Studio) there is a Default Client Event and a SmartForms Client Event. Both events will allow you to create tasks for users that require them to open a Smartform and perform an action.

The SmartForms client event is fairly intuitive - you select the form and form state to use and then select the outcomes (if there is only one you just enter one - e.g. Submit). You can then connect the outcome to the next event which requires the selected users to open the form and enter comments.