zbean
Nintex Newbie

Re: New Resposonsive (Office365) - Current limitations

Jump to solution

@EuanGamble  - do we know if this (in red) is coming in the future, or maybe we have a estimated time on the roadmap?  

Lookup function (Partially supported)

• Not supported on Nintex Mobile
  • Does not support a returned array of multiple items.
    NB: The Array Separator on the Lookup function applies to a single column containing an array (e.g a Multichoice column, not a collection of returned items)
  • Lookup to Managed Metadata, People, Lookup columns is not supported

Thank you, as this would be very helpful!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @zbean,

This work is in the backlog but not scheduled at this time. However, Nintex Workflow Cloud Forms with the Data Lookup control can query and return Managed Metadata and People Picker columns. When querying the Lookup column, it will return the ID.

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
zbean
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution
Hi Euan,

Thank you for this info!
0 Kudos
zbean
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

@EuanGamble - Not sure if its on the roadmap, but it would be cool if the designer could pick up the current user details to do a test on this type of rule prior to publishing it. The rule works great, and prevents the current user from filling their name, so that is nice!

Screenshot 2021-02-11 124904.png

0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @zbean,

While not curently on the roadmap, I am considering how we can improve the debugging experience for form designers. 

Cheers,

Euan

zbean
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

@EuanGamble - One other question would be around lookup columns in New Responsive. We have a scenario where we need to filter the lookup, but we need more then 1 'Equals'.  So if we use a flag field to pick up rows from our child list, we need to pick up based on the 1st condition and also grab some extra rows in the same control if there are rows equal to condition 2. 

We have tried some or statements, but the values coming back to the multiple choice checkbox will always only equal 1 exact filter.

It would be amazing to have a 'Equals' + options for 'Or/And' here. 

Screenshot 2021-02-11 125621.png

Thank you!

0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @zbean,

So in Nintex Workflow Cloud, we support multiple filters on the Data Lookup control which can connect to Office365. Have a look at the Data Lookup control in NWC and see if thats what you had in mind?

EuanGamble_0-1613086312734.png

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
zbean
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi @EuanGamble 

Just checked out NWC forms and the options on the data lookup.  They seem pretty cool, but don't fit the need on my side from what I can tell. Some reasons are;

- Calculated columns do not come in as an option for the filter.  We use the calculated column on the child list to concatenate information and make the lookup unique.  The list has numerous rows for each use, and each use has many identical related items. So, we have something like this;

Type A - Question A B C D E F

Type B - Question A B C D E F

Type C - Question A B C D E F

Type D - Question A B C D E F

This is done so that we can have multi-choice check boxes for users to select what questions they completed for each 'Type' selection.

In addition to this, we need to pull in a 'Flag' column as each 'Type' could have a additional requirement.  These may be rare but we need the option to add in the items when they come up.

Multi-choice check boxes don't seem to be an option on a data lookup field in NWC.  We have tried conditions like this in O365, though the lookup must be exactly 1 value, so it only partially works.

Basically, i believe we would need an option to say if 'A+B' shows as well as pull in 'C' when it shows, and put this all in the same multi-choice check box control.  Hopefully this makes sense, we could send some info directly to you if needed or we can raise a ticket to discuss all of this.  

There is one similar idea that I found on the user voice, trying to get that set up so I can vote on them.  https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/218293-4-nintex-forms-for-office-365/suggestions/42268177-multip...

Thank you!

0 Kudos
EricV
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi @EuanGamble ,

Will it be possible in the near future to add two groups to one row, or a group and other fields on one row. This would save (me) a lot of extra rules and complexity. 

0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @EricV,

We dont have any plans for that at the moment, but please do add the suggestion to User Voice so it is captured and others can vote.

Regards,

Euan

0 Kudos