cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdelcastillo
Nintex Newbie

Initial Thoughts and Issues

Forms app 2.0.1.1:

1. Will the Rules Task Pane return or will it always be the separate Rules tab? I have several issues with the way it is now:
    1. Having the Rules in a separate tab causes me to have to switch back and forth a lot.
    2. It's like having the "Show all" checkbox checked all the time. If I had a lot of rules, this might be an issue. Maybe Rule groups or views? Grouped by control? Allow me to order them?
    3. There is currently no way for me to see what are all the rules applied to a specific control (maybe add it to the bottom of the control properties?). Debugging would not be fun.
  2. Can't resize the controls from the Property control yet but the buttons are there, so it looks planned. Also, I can not Save or Publish.
  3. Still no javascript support? Without this I'll be forced to continue to use Classic. Accessing web services from the form, for example, are becoming more prevalent.
  4. If I am unable to start in Responsive and then switch to Classic, this is another problem due to new requirements that may come from stakeholders. I understand the differences between each but it unfortunately doesn't change the reality.

Those are my quick hits. I do like the json output, Pages, and the options on the Rules tab (On load, on change, on submit). Hope this helps!

5 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Initial Thoughts and Issues

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback @kdelcastillo - I appreciate it.

Here are a few thoughts:

1. Will the Rules Task Pane return or will it always be the separate Rules tab?
    We are currently thinking about better ways of building rules and having the context of the form. We are taking this feedback onboard and also considering when debugging a form. I build a lot of forms, so I also had similar thoughts.

2. Can't resize the controls from the Property control yet but the buttons are there, so it looks planned. Also, I can not Save or Publish.
    At the moment you can only resize a control from the control panel of the control. Good suggestion! We are thinking about improvements to the design canvas.

3. Still no javascript support? Without this I'll be forced to continue to use Classic. Accessing web services from the form, for example, are becoming more prevalent.
    We are working on data connectivity. What sort of security would you use if you were using JavaScript in classic to get data?
  4. If I am unable to start in Responsive and then switch to Classic, this is another problem due to new requirements that may come from stakeholders. I understand the differences between each but it unfortunately doesn't change the reality.
    Fair - we don't have any plans to convert between the two at this stage.

Regards,

Euan

0 Kudos
kdelcastillo
Nintex Newbie

@EuanGamble 2. Regarding JavaScript security, I currently end up using app keys but if there was a secure way to store credentials like workflow does, that'd be great. Also, if I'm accessing the SharePoint api the user has to have at least Read access to the root of the site (specifically the user, a group like "Everyone" doesn't work). If there was a way around that (not sure how) that would also be beneficial.

4. Even an "Export to Classic" that would export the fields, rules, etc. would work. I wouldn't expect any design layout of course. But if it could get me a lot of the way there, it could then be more of an option.

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi @kdelcastillo,

#2 We are currently investigating a possible Web Request control for New Responsive for Office365 but storing credentials is a sticking point. We are thinking of having a basic version that supports headers. Would this be suitable to you?

#4 We are thinking the same thing. We are working on some migration code so you can convert forms from Old Responsive to New Responsive. And since Old Responsive and Classsic are a very similar form definition, we may look into this in the future.

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
kdelcastillo
Nintex Newbie

@EuanGamble  #2 Headers would be a great start. You would also need to provide some mechanism to handle the data afterwards since JavaScript is not provided.

Thanks for working towards implementing this feature! I believe it will greatly expand the use of Responsive forms (at least for me).

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi @kdelcastillo,

Shoot me an email so we can discuss further. My email is euan.gamble@nintex.com.

Cheers,
Euan

0 Kudos